10 pieces of paperwork for Makeup Artists!

18:04

Hello again beauties, welcome!
Today's blog post is going to address any paperwork you may want to think of making for yourself and your freelance business - trust me, with a few examples from google and researching how-to videos on YouTube, I was on my merry way in no time at all.

With each dot point I will go into detail on what I have included in the paperwork I have made for myself. Feel free to take whatever you'd like from each and customise to your business!

I have attached photo references from examples off google to give you an idea of how they look :)

And here we go:

  • Blank makeup face charts for face & body makeup designs
Although this is fairly self-explanatory, you may prepare a makeup design for a client prior to the booking or with the client's input, map out a rough plan with them.

Image result for blank face charts



  • Client consultation form/card (to be done before each service)
This was a habit I was (thankfully) drilled into doing whilst studying to become a beauty therapist. It's so vital to take a record of the client's skin & medical conditions, record of medications, current skin regime, allergies, lifestyle factors and makeup/beauty service history.

Image result for beauty treatment consultation


  • Client contract
I had wondered what I could put together that could cover me on every job and I came across what was called a contract. I address my terms & conditions for booking, booking times, cancellation policy, service location & requirements, liability, payment of services and spare writing room for potential tweaking or questions via consultation of myself and the client.

Image result for beauty makeup contract


  • Business contract (Same as above but made on a larger scale, eg. production / corporate)
A business contract is quite the same thing as a client contract but it would be more on a corporate scale and rather than addressing an individual, it will address a company. All terms & conditions outlined above in the "Client contract" example will be relatively similar.

Related image

  • Release form for model/client to sign to allow posting photographs
By having the model/client sign this, it gives you their confirmed permission to post all of your intellectual property (images and videos) that includes and/or refers to them on your website, social medias, portfolio, etc.

Image result for model release form


  • Invoices & Client payment forms

I keep these together in the same part of my folder - the client payment form outlines the details of the service & payment methods. And whilst invoices do the same, I tend to keep invoices rather for corporate/production gigs.

Image result for makeup service invoices


  • Service & Pricing list
I keep copies of what services I offer in my freelance business as well as the pricing I charge for them on a little pamphlet which I can easily give out to potential clients, etc.

Image result for makeup artist pricing list



  • Gift Vouchers, service cards & thank you cards
Gift vouchers & service cards can provide offers for discounts and complimentary services. Whilst "thank you" cards are just to show each client that I appreciate them supporting my freelance business. (Little things like these differentiate you from other artists!)
Image result for makeup artist gift vouchers

  • Product breakdown forms for clients
I made up little cards that I can write down for the client what products I used on them during the service if they request me to - I can give product recommendations as well as give them tips for their own makeup application.

Image result for makeup application steps template



  • Copies of personal resume
In case of running into a potential employer or if somebody would just like to take a copy of my history of work.


Image result for makeup artist resume


And that's it! 10 pieces of paperwork for Makeup Artists.
Alternatively, you can purchase template documents as PDF files online if you wish.
I hope any of you found this helpful in building your career as a freelance makeup artist :)

Until next time,
Stay humble.

JMH. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts